Week 9: Forum/Discussion Board

Picture of Molly McCain
Re: Fetal Skeleton
by Molly McCain - Thursday, 4 March 2021, 11:26 PM

Hey Chrishawna!

Great question for everyone!

My CI also asks the patient if they know what they're having and how their pregnancy has been for them. I've found that they don't ask about prior history regarding any anomalies in previous children or in family members. My CI does ask if its a first pregnancy or how many other children they have. I want to ask if I am allowed to ask that in clinical's. It's hard at times because you don't want to step over your CI, but you also want to try to perform what we're learning in this class. I do like how my CI narrates the exam to the patient. I try to do some narrating while scanning, but at times I need to really concentrate on getting images. 

Hope your week in clinical's was great! Wonderful job moderating!

142 words
Picture of Chrishawna Porter
Re: Fetal Skeleton
by Chrishawna Porter - Friday, 5 March 2021, 5:49 PM

Hi Molly,

I totally understand what you mean about not over stepping. I noticed the questions that are asked are different depending on which technologist I am working with and I don't want to say the wrong thing or offend anyone if I ask any additional questions. I think once we start these exams on our own we may feel more comfortable asking questions, but it can be difficult if we are the ones back scanning. I also find when I am scanning OB I spend a lot of the time trying to talk myself through it and orient, hopefully one day soon I can multitask a little bit better!

110 words